Our Water Soluble Strip Laundry Bags are designed to be a universal precaution tool that enables linen handlers to economically isolate, transport and disinfect foul and contaminated linen. The bags are designed to be used as liners for laundry trollies. Once filled, the contaminated linen can then be handled and transported to the laundry without fear of bacterial dispersion and exposure. Eliminating the need for handling protects workers from infectious body fluids and blood borne pathogens found on linens used by hospitals, clinics, dentists, veterinarians and nappy facilities.
DRM’s water soluble strip laundry bags:
- Comply with DHSS Guidelines HC (95) 18, for the Safe Handling of Contaminated Laundry.
- Are used to eliminate the need for protective equipment / clothing for soiled linen handlers.
- Reduce labour and bio-hazard disposal costs.
- Seal in airborne bacteria and prevents escape or leakage.
- Will not harm the environment or clog drains.
The bags are available in a wide variety of colours and sizes and are made from polyethylene LDPE making them completely recyclable!
Directions for use
- The filled laundry bags are loaded directly into the washing machines eliminating the need to open bags in order to sort and/or load the contaminated linen as well as the potential exposure to the handlers.
- During the agitation cycle, the water soluble strip and tie closure dissolve releasing the contents of the bag into the washing solution.
- At the conclusion of the wash cycle, the used and disinfected portion of the laundry bag is removed and discarded or recycled.